I dont remeber the actual qoute but in the third song we listened to, "Somalia" he was rapping about how rappers these days just rap about rapping. I think he was trying to make the point that he doesnt just rap to be a good rapper, or have a good name. I feel like he raps to send a postive message about his country. People do not think of Somalia has a positive good country. I feel that K'naan is rapping for a higher purpose. He wants to show how hard of a message he can send to his listeners. How you can send the strongest message through the simplest of rimes and rhythms.
he's a beast and is flow is very unique. he's one of a kind. he reps africa to the fullest. fast or slow k'naan is a animal, his vocab and story is amazing. Terrell
K'naan said in the his song somalia that most rappers are just rapping about rapping but he isn't trying to do that. K'naan raps to tell his story and to send a message to other people and also his flows are sick
In one of his songs, he talks about how he is proud of his country. I do not have an exact quote from the song, but I remember him talking about the things that go on in Somalia in comparison to America. He raps about how he came from Somalia and wants to tell his story. The video showed a lot of images of Somalia and the people living there. In this song, he is speaking English, but in some of his other songs, he speaks both English and Arabic. He also says some things in this song about how he is not like many of the famous rappers in America who "rap about rapping", but he wants to tell people his story and how he came from a poor country in a civil war to America.
K'naan was very inspirational to listen to. His music was not just music, he was telling a story behind every word he rapped. He told stories about growing up in Somalia, and the struggles he had to face and see. Although, he knew that Somalia was not perfect, he was proud to be who he is and where he is from. He said at one point in his songs that he has a "Somalian Ego". One of the quotes that I really liked was "When I try to see, I see coffins closing". This probably means that before he actually realized the struggles he had to endure, he did not take pride in his country. As he got older, he probably then understood more about himself and his country. But being aware of his environment, he sees that it is disaster.
Knaan really knows what he talks about when he flows on the mic, he makes sure all the foes are seen. The scene in Somalia is getting obscene and outrageous, the killing in his town is getting contageous. He has the pride where he resides, and in his home town, two civil groups collide, in warfare, he says its unfair and cruel, he continues struggling in this duel, and he started learning english when he attended American school, at age nine, Now in his songs his two languages combine, And as i reflect, i think his performance is exceptionally fine.
before today i'd only heard one song by k'naan called "bang bang" but it wasn't half as...intellectual, i guess as his other songs. like in his song "Somalia" he has more pride for his country than i've seen, even though it's not perfect by any means he wants people to know where he from, that they need help, and why he loves it. like the line "I spit it for my block, It’s an ode, I admit it. Here the city code is lock and load" he knows it's dangerous but its home and he wants to tell everyone.
Kayla period 4
ReplyDeleteI dont remeber the actual qoute but in the third song we listened to, "Somalia" he was rapping about how rappers these days just rap about rapping. I think he was trying to make the point that he doesnt just rap to be a good rapper, or have a good name. I feel like he raps to send a postive message about his country. People do not think of Somalia has a positive good country. I feel that K'naan is rapping for a higher purpose. He wants to show how hard of a message he can send to his listeners. How you can send the strongest message through the simplest of rimes and rhythms.
he's a beast and is flow is very unique. he's one of a kind. he reps africa to the fullest. fast or slow k'naan is a animal, his vocab and story is amazing.
ReplyDeleteTerrell
Khalil period 4
ReplyDeleteK'naan said in the his song somalia that most rappers are just rapping about rapping but he isn't trying to do that. K'naan raps to tell his story and to send a message to other people and also his flows are sick
In one of his songs, he talks about how he is proud of his country. I do not have an exact quote from the song, but I remember him talking about the things that go on in Somalia in comparison to America. He raps about how he came from Somalia and wants to tell his story. The video showed a lot of images of Somalia and the people living there. In this song, he is speaking English, but in some of his other songs, he speaks both English and Arabic. He also says some things in this song about how he is not like many of the famous rappers in America who "rap about rapping", but he wants to tell people his story and how he came from a poor country in a civil war to America.
ReplyDeleteK'naan was very inspirational to listen to. His music was not just music, he was telling a story behind every word he rapped. He told stories about growing up in Somalia, and the struggles he had to face and see. Although, he knew that Somalia was not perfect, he was proud to be who he is and where he is from. He said at one point in his songs that he has a "Somalian Ego". One of the quotes that I really liked was "When I try to see, I see coffins closing". This probably means that before he actually realized the struggles he had to endure, he did not take pride in his country. As he got older, he probably then understood more about himself and his country. But being aware of his environment, he sees that it is disaster.
ReplyDeleteKnaan really knows what he talks about when he flows on the mic, he makes sure all the foes are seen. The scene in Somalia is getting obscene and outrageous, the killing in his town is getting contageous. He has the pride where he resides, and in his home town, two civil groups collide, in warfare, he says its unfair and cruel, he continues struggling in this duel, and he started learning english when he attended American school, at age nine, Now in his songs his two languages combine, And as i reflect, i think his performance is exceptionally fine.
ReplyDeletebefore today i'd only heard one song by k'naan called "bang bang" but it wasn't half as...intellectual, i guess as his other songs. like in his song "Somalia" he has more pride for his country than i've seen, even though it's not perfect by any means he wants people to know where he from, that they need help, and why he loves it. like the line "I spit it for my block,
ReplyDeleteIt’s an ode, I admit it.
Here the city code is lock and load" he knows it's dangerous but its home and he wants to tell everyone.
-Shawneen